4 Ways to Give Back in Calgary
Volunteering is an important part of creating a caring and cohesive community. Here in Alberta, there are a lot of volunteer opportunities available, so we here at Alpine Insurance & Financial thought that we would put together a list of a few of our favorite organizations to volunteer with:
Canadian Cancer Society – The Canadian Cancer Society is looking for volunteer to help with their Face Off Against Cancer Calgary event. You can volunteer for any of these positions:
- event set up
- event tear down
- information booths
- score clock managers
- player concierge
Click here for more information!
Calgary Food Bank – The Calgary Food Bank is always looking for people to donate their time, food or money. For 30 years now they have been working to create a hunger free Calgary. If you are interested in working with the Calgary Food Bank, click here.
Community and Neighborhood Services – Have you ever wanted to volunteer with the city of Calgary? Well, now you can! As a CNS volunteer, you can help to guide tours of city facilities or you can assist with programs and lessons. CNS is also the group that recruits volunteers for Canada Day. Find out more here!
Calgary Police Departments – The Calgary Police Department is always looking for volunteers, especially with the Victim Assistance Team and YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre. In order to volunteer with the Calgary Police Department though, you must meet the following requirements:
- must have Canadian citizenship or legal permanent status;
- must have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted;
- must have no criminal charges pending before the courts;
- must have no criminal activity within at least three years preceding application;
- must be willing to give a one-year commitment;
- must be able to volunteer three to five hours per week;
- must possess the necessary written and verbal communication skills to perform the varied tasks.
Click here to start the application process.
Photo – © Rawpixel – Fotolia.com
Comments are closed.