Graduating from College Soon

Graduating from College Soon?

“What University / College Graduates Need to Know about Insurance”

Congratulations! Graduating from a University or College is a significant milestone in your life. One that will bring on many new and exciting life changes involving work, money, living space and possessions.

As you seek out new ventures, one thing you’ll need is insurance. And one thing you’ll want is good insurance, reasonably priced from a knowledgeable advisor in Alberta.

There are three types of insurance you’ll want to consider after college graduation:

  1. Auto
  2. Homeowner’s, Condominium or Tenant’s
  3. Life

car insurance

In college, you were probably on your parent’s auto policy. That’s because their policy covered resident relatives. However, when you move out and/or get title to a vehicle, you’re no longer covered on their auto policy.

Another reality is that your car insurance needs are different than your parents. For example, they might be financially able to have a large deductible on their policy. But that might not be best for you right now.

Now is the time to call Alpine Insurance. Because we represent a wide variety of insurance companies, you’ll have many options choose from.

Also, auto insurers offer discounts. You can bet we’ll hunt every one of them down for you.

Options and Discounts. Alpine Insurance will present all of them to you. We’ll make sure you get the best auto policy coverage value for the least amount of money.


Homeowner’s, Condominium or Tenant’s Insurance

Picture this. You finally get your own place. You move out of the family home (Not just for the school year. This time it’s permanent,). You can’t believe how much stuff you’ve accumulated:

    • TV
    • Laptop or PC
    • Printer
    • DVD Player
    • IPod and other music players
    • Cell Phone
    • Game systems
    • Bedroom set and other furniture
    • Microwave and other kitchen appliances
    • Watch / Jewelry


(You might not think they’re worth much but they are—especially when you think of how much it would cost to replace them.)

A couple of friends help you move to your new place. Great!

You’re moved in, you’ve managed to save a couple of bucks and it’s two weeks before you start work. So, you take a short trip with some friends to Cancun. You have a blast and return home on a Saturday night.

You’re still smiling at the memories of the trip as you walk up the stairs. Maybe you’re even chuckling as you put the key in the door and open it.

Then you stop laughing. You stop smiling. You mouth goes ajar and you can’t believe your eyes.

Your place has been trashed. Everything you had is gone—your laptop, DVD player, game system. Everything.

That’s a bad enough feeling. And it happens. But eventually you realize all of your things are replaceable. Or are they?

Did you have sufficient insurance coverage?

Depending on your living situation, it is important to have a good homeowner’s, condominuim or tenant’s policy.

Tenant’s Insurance, for example, covers your belongings (clothing, books, CDs, furniture – everything) not only in your apartment but in your locked car and anywhere else you take them. It protects your things against fire and other occurrences beyond your control—including vandalism and theft.

If you thought about it at all, you may have thought insurance was the responsibility of the landlord. It’s not. The landlord’s policy covers the building only. It’s a tenant’s policy that will help pay for the replacement of all your personal items.

It will also pay for an attorney and protect you in case someone gets injured while in your apartment and/or you get sued if damage caused by you impacts neighboring apartments.

In fact, if you’re surfing in the waters of Cancun and you hit another surfer and cause him injury, the liability part of the policy will protect you from any claims against your actions.

As you can see, our experience has given us a deep understanding of the tools necessary to protect your most important assets.  What if you’re living in your own home or a condominium?  We can help with that, too!

Alpine Insurance will give you peace of mind about your belongings and your liability. We’ll help you sort it all out. As with car insurance, we’re big on discounts. We’ll make sure you get them.

One Insurance Source

When you make the transition from college to “real-life,” everything changes.

Now you’re responsible for protecting yourself and your family….

Your choices are difficult and you need an expert on your side. Don’t fool yourself and pretend you know insurance. It can be complicated business. Plus, your needs can constantly change as your life changes.

Work with someone who specializes in University and College Graduates. Contact us at Alpine Insurance today.

The saddest words this broker ever hears are “I knew I should have done something.”  All you need to do is one simple thing… contact us at Alpine Insurance.

We’re your one stop insurance shop. We’ll do all the work for you. Complete the protection analysis form today, or call us now.

Comments are closed.