How Can I Control Home and car insurance Costs in Alberta?
Here’s a list of our Top 10 Tips and suggestions on how to keep your insurance costs under control for all policy types.
- Review your policies with an experienced insurance broker to ensure that you are adequately (but not over) insured. Experienced brokers will do the research and shopping for you.
- Raise your deductibles for all policies if you can. Accepting the risk for small losses can save you money.
- Not all cars are created equal; some cost less to insure because of lower repair costs and risk of theft. Ask your broker for a quote before you buy.
- Install an anti-theft system. Many companies offer anti-theft discounts.
- Avoid tickets. The better your driving record, the lower your premiums.
- Avoid claims by preventing collisions. Drive defensively, sober and awake.
- Where possible, take public transportation to and from work, to obtain a lower driving class on your policy.
- Report insurance fraud to the appropriate authorities. Insurance fraud costs us all!
And for Commercial Insurance:
- Consult with your insurance broker before expanding into different geographical areas. Costs may vary dramatically.
- Ask your broker about arranging a complete loss prevention audit to identify possible hazards and offer solutions to reduce exposure to a broad range of risks –from injuries and fire to fraud and theft.
Find out more about Home and car insurance here.
Do what you can to keep your insurance costs under control.
Comments are closed.