How Can I Control Home and car insurance Costs in Alberta?
Here’s a list of our Top 10 Tips and suggestions on how to keep your insurance costs under control for all policy types.
- Review your policies with an experienced insurance broker to ensure that you are adequately (but not over) insured. Experienced brokers will do the research and shopping for you.
- Raise your deductibles for all policies if you can. Accepting the risk for small losses can save you money.
- Not all cars are created equal; some cost less to insure because of lower repair costs and risk of theft. Ask your broker for a quote before you buy.
- Install an anti-theft system. Many companies offer anti-theft discounts.
- Avoid tickets. The better your driving record, the lower your premiums.
- Avoid claims by preventing collisions. Drive defensively, sober and awake.
- Where possible, take public transportation to and from work, to obtain a lower driving class on your policy.
- Report insurance fraud to the appropriate authorities. Insurance fraud costs us all!
And for Commercial Insurance:
- Consult with your insurance broker before expanding into different geographical areas. Costs may vary dramatically.
- Ask your broker about arranging a complete loss prevention audit to identify possible hazards and offer solutions to reduce exposure to a broad range of risks –from injuries and fire to fraud and theft.
Do what you can to keep your insurance costs under control.
Comments are closed.