How Can I Lower My Car Insurance Premium in Alberta?
With car insurance premiums on the rise, it’s important to know where to find savings. Whether you live in Alberta, at Alpine Insurance, we recommend you ask your broker or insurance agent about these savings possibilities:
- Loyalty discount: Many insurers will discount your policy if you’ve been a continuous customerof a singleinsurance company or broker.
- Low mileage discount: If you’re an infrequent driver, ask about a low mileage discount.
- Collision Coverage: Removing the collision coverage on your vehicle if it is an older car.
- Driver education discount: You may qualify for this discount if you’re newly licensedand have taken an approved training course.
- Age discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts as customers pass certain age milestones. Make sure to ask your insurer about what ages, if any, qualify for this discount.
- Safety devices – Adding after market security upgrades like theft deterrent systems to your car can reduce your insurance premiums.
- Multiple policies – Consider purchasing multiple policies such as auto, homeowner or tenant’s insurance from the same insurance company as a way to save money.
- Higher deductible: You could consider raising your insurance deductible in order to cut down your premiums. But this is only advisable, if you know you’ll be able to easily pay the deductible in the event of an accident or claim.
- Driving record – Speeding tickets, accidents and other more serious driving offenses will cause a hike in your rates.
To find out more about car insurance and applicable discounts, click hereor call 403-270-8822 to talk to one of our experienced insurance professionals.
Comments are closed.