How Do I Avoid An Increase of Car Insurance Rates in Alberta?
Insurance rates are increasing in Alberta and our clients are always concerned about auto rate increases. See below for a few tips in how you can avoid a car insurance rate increase:
1. Traffic Violations: It takes 3 years for a traffic ticket to come off your driving record. Drive carefully to minimize demerit points.
2. Avoid Accidents: Drive defensively and reduce distractions while driving. Accidents remain on your record for 6 years.
3. Research rates before purchasing a new car: You may be surprised to learn which makes & models will increase your insurance rates
4. Take Advantage of Multi-Policy Discounts: Most companies offer discounts if you insure your auto and home policies through them. Check it out!
5. Call your insurance broker to make sure you have the best rates available. Your broker can also ensure you are getting all available discounts.
For more information on car insurance, visit the Alpine Insurance Research Centre.
Comments are closed.