Stay safe on your Motorcycle this season
For those who have a passion for motorcycles, there is nothing quite like the feeling of freedom that comes with cruising down the open road on two wheels. From the roar of the engine to the wind in your hair, motorcycle riding is a thrilling experience that captures the hearts of riders around the world.
While the passion for motorcycle riding is undeniable, it’s important to remember that safety should always be the top priority. With motorcycle season in full swing, here are some important ways to keep you and others on the road safe.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Whether you’re cruising through the mountains or running errands in the city, be sure to follow safe riding practices:
- Regularly inspect your bike and ensure it’s in good working condition.
- Always wear the proper safety gear, including an approved helmet and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved jacket, sturdy pants, gloves, and boots.
- Always follow traffic laws and regulations.
- Be aware of your surroundings while riding and stay alert to other drivers on the road.
- Use your headlights and turn signals to communicate with other drivers on the road.
- Check weather conditions before riding and be prepared for unexpected changes.
- Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Take a motorcycle safety course to improve your skills and knowledge.
- Stay visible to other drivers by wearing brightly coloured clothing or reflective gear.
- Avoid riding in blind spots, and always use mirrors to check your surroundings.
- Be extra cautious when riding in inclement weather or at night.
- Use both brakes when coming to a stop and avoid sudden braking or swerving.
- Stay focused and avoid distractions while riding, such as texting or using a mobile phone.
- Always ride within your skill level and avoid taking unnecessary risks on the road.
Stay Protected With Motorcycle Insurance in Alberta
Motorcycle insurance is an essential aspect of owning and operating a motorcycle. Just like with car insurance, motorcycle insurance provides financial protection in case of an accident, theft, or other unexpected events and can give you peace of mind while riding.
When selecting a motorcycle insurance policy, it’s important to shop around or work with an insurance broker to compare rates and coverage options from different providers.
Blog posts from Alpine Insurance are for general information only. The content should not be considered insurance advice. If you are in need of professional insurance advice, please reach out to our team.
Comments are closed.