Packing for Safety: Travel Insurance
We travel for a lot of reasons. Some of us are adventure seekers, always looking for a good story; some of us prefer a life of leisure with all-inclusive resorts and a fruity drink that has one of those little umbrellas on top.
No matter the reason you venture abroad, staying safe should be your number one priority.
Packing a travel health kit is essential to staying healthy on your next holiday. Medication and first aid supplies are not always readily available in foreign countries. Check out our advice on what to pack in your travel health kit.
What to pack
Before leaving the country, discuss with your physician what medications you will need for the trip.
- Take all of your usual prescription medications and be sure to take more than enough to last the entire stay
- Pain relievers and fever medication; decongestant, cough suppressants and lozenges
- Stomach and intestinal medicine to include an anti-diarrheal
- Any allergy medications you may require such as an epi-pen
- Take the recommended destination-specific medications (motion sickness, anti-malarial pills, altitude sickness
First Aid Items
- Anti-bacterial wipes, sprays, creams and hand sanitizers
- Adhesive bandages and tape; gauze and scissors
- Disposable gloves
- Oral rehydration tabs to treat dehydration caused by diarrhea
- Hydrocortisone cream for insect bites or rashes caused by plant life
Always carry a contact card with the following information:
- Name, address and phone number of an emergency contact in Canada
- Name and number of your Canada based physician
- Name and number of your accommodation
Keep a copy of your immunization record handy when traveling. If you have an International Certificate of Vaccination for yellow fever be sure to include it.
Make sure to always carry proof of your travel health insurance.
Alpine’s Travel Insurance
Here at Alpine Insurance, we support your desires to wander. Our travel insurance is designed to protect you when traveling outside of Alberta. We offer travel medical insurance, student medical insurance, rental car protection, baggage insurance, trip cancellation and interruption, and accidental death coverage.
Contact Alpine for a quote!
Source – Travel Health Kit
Comments are closed.