How Roadside Assistance Helps You in an Emergency…
Roadside assistance is a service that has become more in demand over the years due to an increase in the lifespan of cars on the road and car’s advanced technology features that sometimes require an extra helping hand.
In Alberta, you have a myriad of roadside assistance options to offer you service while you’re on the road. If you’re not lucky enough to have a credit card that carries free roadside assistance, you can choose from Canadian Tire, Costco, as well as private companies, banks, and insurance companies for help.
Check with Alpine Insurance to see what insurance companies offer for roadside assistance plans, as this is an optional coverage that is not included in your basic car coverage. While the insurance company’s assistance plans are often cheaper compared to private plans, there are other benefits.
What does my assistance cover?
If you want to purchase roadside assistance through your insurance provider, what do you need to know? While the prices vary from one insurance company to the next, they all provide similar services and are often cheaper than private company plans.
Common roadside assistance services
· Lockout service – Locking yourself out of your car can happen to anyone, especially with new technology (e.g. keyless cars) that sometimes makes it even harder to get back in the driver’s seat. No one wants to wait at a gas station and stress about how long it will take or how much it will cost to get back into their car. With a plan, you can get faster service at a fraction of the cost.
· Flat tires – A faulty tire is one of the most common problems that can happen on the road, whether you’re on a long trip or just heading out to get milk. You may know how to change a tire; remember, you practiced that one time while you learnt how to drive. But when you’re on the side of a busy highway, without enough space to move your car, often the best thing to do is call for assistance.
· Fuel delivery – Depending on the plan, if you run out of gas you’ll receive enough fuel to get you to the nearest gas station. The service and the cost of gas are covered by your plan. No extra fees. Say goodbye to long walks to your car with a jerry can.
· Battery boost – Even with booster cables in the trunk, if you don’t have help to boost your battery, you’re out of luck. A plan will reduce your stress levels and get you the assistance you want when you need it the most.
· Repairs – An unexpected breakdown can occur anytime and anywhere. Get a proper plan to cover any minor repairs that happen when out and about. You may be great at fixing your vehicle, but on the side of the road, it will more difficult and not as safe.
· Towing – The cost of towing your car can be expensive, especially if you’re far from home, the repair shop, or your dealership. You can’t plan when your car will break down in any season, so buy coverage that offers you the reassurance that a tow and service won’t cost you a dime.
· Winching – In inclement weather, you may see cars strewn in the ditch. Winching services include pulling your car out of the ditch for a small monthly fee. Forget paying out of pocket after you’ve gone off the road. An assistance plan will cover winching services and give you peace of mind in an emergency.
Remember to check with your insurance company to see if you require comprehensive or collision coverage before you can add on roadside assistance to your plan.
At Alpine Insurance, find out how they can help you purchase the best roadside assistance plan for your needs. Discover how having a roadside assistance plan may even reduce your car insurance rates!
Comments are closed.