SNOWMOBILE INSURANCE BROKERS
Get the right insurance for your snowmobile
Many Albertans enjoy snowmobiling as an exciting winter activity. There is nothing like fresh snow and a clear day to head out for a ride. Before you do, be sure you speak with a broker to provide you with the appropriate insurance coverage.
What is snowmobile insurance?
In Alberta, snowmobile insurance offers protection for personal injury, damage to your equipment, and legal liability. If you’re planning to use your snowmobile on public land or cross public roads, you must have third-party liability insurance.
How we can help
At Alpine Insurance, we can give you expert advice on the right snowmobile coverage for you. As a broker, we can shop the market and make sure that you have the best coverage at the best price.
Insurance policies are not a one-size-fits-all approach; there are many factors to take into consideration. We can answer frequently asked questions about:
- Coverage for your trailer used to tow your snowmobile
- Modifications done on your snowmobile
- Exclusions that may apply
- Storing your snowmobile in a different province
- A snowmobile manufactured outside of North America
Our brokers operate with a network of insurance companies to provide you with quality insurance products and competitive rates.
Snowmobile Insurance in Alberta
If you are using your machine on public land, it’s a legal requirement to carry snowmobile liability insurance in Alberta. Listed are the main coverages to consider:
- Third-Party Liability – The Insurer agrees to indemnify the Insured and, in the same manner and to the same extent as if named herein as the Insured, every other person who with his consent personally drives the unit or personally operates any part thereof, against the liability imposed by law upon the Insured or upon any such other person for loss or damage arising from bodily injury to or death of any person or damage to property. There are additional agreements and exclusions to this coverage.
- Accident Benefits – The Insurer agrees to pay to or with respect to each insured person as defined in this section who sustains bodily injury or death directly and independently of all other causes by an accident arising out of the use or operation of an automobile.
- Collision or Upset – caused by collision with another object or by upset.
- Comprehensive – from any peril other than by collision with another object or by upset; this includes hail, wind, theft, fire and vandalism.
Every snowmobile insurance policy is different depending on your needs, the insurance company, and additional coverages and endorsements.
Snowmobile Insurance Quote
To calculate the cost of insuring your snowmobile, insurance companies take the following into account:
- The type, make, and model of your snowmobile
- The age of your snowmobile
- Where you live
- Your driving and claims history
- Available endorsements
- SEF 19- Limitation of amount
- SEF 32- Recreational Vehicle Endorsement
- SEF 40- Fire and Theft Deductible Endorsement
- SEF 44- Family Protection Endorsement
- Limited Waiver of Depreciation
- Accessories-additional coverage for loss or damage to accessories and/or upgrades
Keep in mind that your rates will also change if you add the policy to your home insurance, as a bundle with your auto insurance policy, or as a stand-alone policy.