Water and Flood Protection
Did you know?
- Weather patterns are changing worldwide, a trend that’s affecting Canada directly.
- Canada has an average of 20 more rain days a year than in the 1950’s.
- Severe weather events that used to happen every 40 years can now be expected to happen every six years.
- Canada sustains 20 times the amount of storms and floods than we had just two decades ago!
As our climate changes, so should your insurance coverage. With the risk of severe weather events Aviva has now launched an enhanced water protection coverage package.
Aviva Water Protection now offers 3-way coverage for water damage to your home and belongings.
- Coverage 1: Base policy water coverage
Protection for loss or damage resulting from events such as a burst water pipe.
- Coverage 2: Sewer back-up Endorsement
Protection for damage or loss related to the escape or back-up of water or sewage from sewers or drains.
- Coverage 3: Overland Water Protection Endorsement
Protection for damage or loss related to water entering your property from a sudden accumulation of water from spring run-off, heavy rains, or overflow from lakes and rivers.
Aviva Water protections can offer timely coverage which is available today! This coverage is available as an addition to existing Aviva personal property policies that qualify, where sewer back-up protection is in place.
5 Reasons to consider Aviva Water Protection:
- It’s your best protection from overland water: Your existing policy will likely not include this coverage – contact one of our insurance advisors today to discuss water protection coverage.
- Sewer back-up coverage is not enough: Sewer back-up only covers damage caused by water coming into your property from a sewer, septic system or sump pump. If overland water enters your home, sewer back-up coverage will not protect you.
- Aviva Water Protection is widely available: Coverage is available for a wide range of properties such as homeowners, tenants, and condominiums.
- Premiums are affordable: Coverage is available at affordable premiums in most areas, other than places that are highly prone to flooding.
- Its protection you need: With a warmer, wetter climate, an aging storm water infrastructure, and more extreme weather than ever, protection against overland water is protection you need.
Contact Alpine Insurance & Financial Inc. today to obtain more information about the Water Protection coverage.
View the Aviva Insurance Overland Water Endorsement
Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under license by the licensor. Property insurance may be underwritten by Aviva Insurance Company of Canada, Traders General Insurance Company and Scottish & York Insurance Co. Limited. Overland Water Protection is only available in Alberta and Ontario. Certain limitations, restrictions and conditions apply. This brochure is provided for information purposes only. Please speak to your insurance broker or refer to Aviva’s Overland Water Endorsement for full terms and conditions.
Comments are closed.